General Atomics and Affiliated Companies Truck Driver (CLASS A) in San Diego, California
Job ID#: 18509BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Title: Truck Driver (CLASS A)
Job Category: Logistics, Manufacturing, Material and Production Control
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
Travel Percentage Required: 0% - 25%
Clearance Required?: No
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Truck Driver (CLASS A) to join our Manufacturing department at GA-ASI, located in Poway, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under limited supervision, this position is responsible for operating company vehicles including vans, autos and light and heavy trucks pulling flat, box and landoll trailers to transport a variety of materials, merchandise and heavy equipment.
Participates in office and facilities relocation including moving furniture and/or equipment.
Processes paperwork associated with these tasks.
Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Transports, delivers and picks up materials, merchandise and equipment throughout the Company and local and out of town destinations. Ensures that material/equipment being transported are secured and protected while in transit. Loads and unloads vehicle as required.
- Participates in office and facilities relocation including moving.
- Performs limited maintenance on vehicles such as fueling, washing etc.
- May provide direction to less experienced staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- May participate in chauffeur services for senior company executives, Board of Directors and VIP visitors.
- May transport hazardous and/or radioactive materials with DOT hazardous material endorsement under the direction of a licensed dangerous goods shipper, cognizant licensing and safety personnel within the Company.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Experience and certification to drive a forklift (large forklift is highly desirable).
Drive stick shift or manual vehicles.
Heavy use of Material Handling Equipment such as lift gates, pallet jacks, etc.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Must hold a current Class A Driver’s License
Typically requires High School diploma or equivalent, DOT hazardous material endorsement, and four or more years driving experience.
Must be customer focused and possess:
(1) a clean driving record, verified by the DMV, and may require a valid California Class A driver's license;
(2) ability to operate material handling equipment and qualify for company fork-lift operators license;
(3) physical capability of handling awkward objects, heavy lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, climbing, etc;
(4) skills to maintain the flow of work within the unit;
(5) interpersonal skills and written communication skills to interface with employees and to accurately document and maintain DOT records; and
(6) basic knowledge of computer operations and applications and basic mathematical skills.
The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
General Atomics and affiliated companies is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.