Macy's Retail Cosmetics Sales Associate, Flex: University Town Center, CA in San Diego, California
With a role in the Macy’s Cosmetics Department, you will have the opportunity to help others look their best every day. You’ll make one-on-one connections with customers to learn their sense of beauty and style, develop your artistic side through customer consultation and make-up and product application, and attain a sense of accomplishment when your skills combine with your passion for beauty to reach personal and team sales goals. Previous cosmetics experience is nice to have, but is not required to begin a career in beauty at Macy’s. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking here .
In a Flex (Flexible Work Team) position, you’ll design your own schedule each week by selecting your shifts from those available in your area or zone. While you won’t have assigned shifts or guaranteed hours each week, you’ll have maximum flexibility to earn money – and a generous employee discount - around your personal schedule. On key days or peak shopping times, however - like a One Day Sale or the week leading up to Valentine’s Day – youwillbe assigned a shift. These assigned shifts are based on preferences that you set and update periodically during the year.
- Proficient in Point of Sale systems, Macy’s proprietary devices and applications, and proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare.
- Sell cosmetics and related merchandise through customer service techniques and professional selling skills, including demonstration of cosmetics and skin care products through actual application.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience for both digital and physical customers by determining customer needs
- Perform sales support functions such as timely processing of new receipts, damages, testers, and return to vendors
- Attend product training classes and seminars
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
Education /Experience No specific educational accomplishments are required. Previous selling experience is preferred.
Communication Skills Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
Reasoning Ability Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
Physical Demands This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
Other Skills Superior organizational and time management skills. Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to build relationships and influence others. Must be flexible in regards to hours worked. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Must possess a strong sense of urgency. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
- This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-California-San Diego
Job: Cosmetics Sales
Req ID: 71589017