Northrop Grumman Network Engineer 3 in San Diego, California
Network Engineer 3
Requisition ID: 18004400
Location(s): United States-California-San Diego
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history .
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Network Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
Our team operates in three segments: Design Engineering, DevOps, and Production/Responsible Engineering. Our Design Engineering team engineers the system design and produces the documentation required to physically build a system. Our DevOps team engineers and tests the system configuration produces the documentation needed to configure the system network and install a COTS baseline. Our Production and Responsible Engineering team physically builds, configures, and sustains the system. Our Responsible Engineers are often asked to lead a team of technicians for system builds.
There are several growth opportunities within our organization once acclimated including responsible engineering, ground systems design, network engineering, VMware engineering, Unix Engineering, Windows Engineering, and Project Engineering.
- Developing engineering documentation for system configuration
- Executing engineering projects on schedule.
- Collaborate with engineers to generate and redline documented procedures and troubleshoot.
- Implement engineering changes to the system as required
- Responsible for integrating and testing software and/or hardware systems in complex IT systems.
- Work closely with Engineers and Technicians in a lab environment.
- Good planning, coordination, and documentation skills are required.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
-Must have a Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) related field from an accredited University.
-Minimum of 5 years of STEM related experience OR Master’s Degree and 3 years of STEM related experience.
-Active Top Secret clearance with most recent reinvestigation occurring within the last 4 years.
-Ability to be accessed to a Special Access Program
-Willing to travel appx. 25% within the U.S.
- Ability to author and maintain technical installation, configuration, and update procedures to be able to be performed by a non-network expert
- Ability to document and maintain multiple dynamic heterogeneous system configurations
- Familiarity with RIP V2 and QoS
- Ability to update, organize, and create technical documentation and scripts on a team utilizing version control such as SVN.
- Ability to provide engineering technical support for peer teams
- Ability to engineer and test technical solutions in lab environments to address new technical requirements and/or bug fixes
- Ability to implement engineering changes to the network system as required
- Ability to work with networks containing VMware ESXi virtualized infrastructures, Solaris, and Windows
- Ability to maintained detailed version matrix of all responsible firmware and software
- Ability to maintain compatibility with existing architectures when implementing system enhancements
- Ability to release documentation, scripts, and software media to meet configuration management requirements.
- Experience on networks in highly secure environments utilizing STIGs
- Requires detailed layer 2 networking experience and limited layer 3 networking experience
Experience with the following technologies also desired:
Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, Windows Server Update Services, VMware ESXi, VMware vCenter, and Oracle Solaris
Experience with the following technologies would be helpful:
Python, Sphinx, reST, YAML, Jinja
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Network Engineer 3
Location: California-San Diego
Requisition ID: 18004400