MedImpact, Inc. Health Services QA Software Engineer in San Diego, California
QA Software Engineer
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The QA Software Engineer ensures internal and external customers’ requirements are met by conducting software testing and verifying software functionality against product requirements and technical specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs evaluations and audits of software documentation and software processes associated with products under test
- Establishes and maintains structured testing methodology and environments
- Participates in requirement reviews and provides feedback on incomplete, missing, incorrect requirements
- Reviews and understands pending software changes, develops high level test approach and creates test strategies, test plans, and test matrices as applicable
- Estimates scope and work effort, writes test procedures, test scripts, publishes test results and test prerequisites
- Hands-on test execution and test tracking of assigned MedImpact proprietary products, including new products or applications and modifications to existing products or applications
- Collaborates with non-technical MedImpact cross-functional team members
- Actively identifies potential process improvements, error trends and/or the root causes
- Makes recommendations for remedies to colleagues and management
- Appropriately communicates progress, issues, risks, and helps develop risk mitigation plans in collaboration with the project team
- Actively provides status to lead or supervisor on assigned projects
- Mentors junior QA Engineers, assists with problem solving, and helps ensure all QA engineers follow best practices and established policies
- Works with team members to reduce technical debt: Provides feedback to project team on software improvements and ways to reduce risks for future projects
- Strong technical skills including software debugging techniques
- May lead test efforts for large or complex software projects or changes
- Participates in peer review of test cases, test plans, scripts and defects with team members
- Projects as assigned based on business needs
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field along with eight (8) plus 8 years’ closely job related experience in software quality assurance testing methodology.
- Quality Assurance testing techniques used to test software applications (test suites and scripts), anomaly reporting, software analysis, automated software test development and execution with open-source and licensed tools (examples include Selenium, TestNG, and ReadyAPI), functional and system testing, “black box” and “white box” testing techniques, and software development data validation functional and system service testing
- Experience testing web and back-end applications, including web services, written in java
- Experience testing across web browsers including configuration, cache, and debugging techniques
- Experience with browser testing tools like HTTPWatch, FireBug, WireShark, and Fiddler are desirable
- Experience working with or developing test automation in a software platform consisting of object-oriented programming languages (Java, C++) with service oriented architecture (SOA) deployed across distributed infrastructure
- Experience with UNIX systems including advanced level knowledge of shell scripting, and some experience with perl, python, awk, or sed
- Database knowledge: database structures and PL/SQL syntax, complex SQL joins, and ETL data transformation
- Experience with Informatica ETL tools is a plus
- Basic understanding of LAN/WAN networking and physical and virtual hardware systems related to the IT operational environment
- Experience working with defect management and test management tools (examples: HP ALM, IBM ClearQuest, Bugzilla)
- Testing experience within an organization that has utilized Rapid or Agile software development life cycles desirable
- Microsoft Office Professional and Windows PC environment
Other Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience or knowledge of managed care, pharmaceutical, and medical terminology is preferred
- Prior experience in a regulated environment is helpful
- Must have good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Must have the proven ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships across departments
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA
# of openings: 1
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 415.180416.5461