MedImpact, Inc. Health Services Project Manager in San Diego, California
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Project Manager will be responsible for creating, coordinating and developing complete project plans and associated documentation. This position is focused on system and process improvement projects and will lead projects of varying complexity and duration. The Project Manager works for the Team Leader and is primarily dedicated to projects serving Health Services business interests. This position leads the efforts of a multi-disciplinary project team through various stages of the project development lifecycle, including vision and scope, requirement analysis and requires close partnership with the IT department and other business units throughout the duration of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partners with the IT project management and development teams, the Formulary Services, Prior Authorization and other groups within Operations, as well as, additional departments as necessary throughout MedImpact
- Engages with cross-functional teams including both IT and business areas at MedImpact to properly establish project artifacts and planning tools such as scope definition, charters, strategic roadmaps and success criteria
- Tracks projects and issues closely, foster collaboration from both the business and technology groups and lead issue resolution meetings during a projects
- Defines and documents the detailed project schedule, scope, and business requirements for all assigned projects and provides guidance for executing on the design of the solution as a non-clinical member of the core project team
- Develops project plans to fully document all business tasks, resources, and timelines to ensure that the project scope is fully defined
- Provides project management and control, conducting frequent status meetings to ensure timelines are being met and to report current status of projects to customers and management
- Effectively manages the assets, tools, and processes necessary to achieve business objectives by leveraging analysis, evaluation, planning and organizational skills/tools
- Influences major enterprise and cross-functional improvement initiatives for business systems where appropriate
- Assesses and communicates business risk for operational MOB, operational automation and IT technological improvements
- Continuously improves operational efficiencies and streamline processes by reviewing, analyzing, evaluating and re-designing business processes; Uses process mapping and other workflow simplification techniques to capture and define process efficiencies and ROI
- Collaborates with external departments as needed to communicate goals, influence deliverables, and effectively address business objectives
- Fosters a collaborative environment within Health Services Project Management and engages to enable the growth, development, and success of all team members
*Education and/or Experience *
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university strongly preferred; along with five (5) plus years job related experience and/or training including demonstrated success in Business Process or Business Analysis (analysis, design, development, and deployment activities) or equivalent combination of education and job related experience. Candidates will also need three (3) plus years of direct, dedicated project managerial experience. Experience in all phases of systems development lifecycles and/or business process engineering methodology, operating in a matrix management organization and experience in PBM, pharmaceutical or managed health care industry is a plus.
*Computer Skills *
To perform this job successfully, an individual is proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software (MS Access, MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint) and Project Management tools (MS Project and Clarizen).
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- PMP certification is desired
- Six Sigma/Lean background desired
*Other Skills and Abilities *
Expert in standardized business process mapping and workflow simplification techniques; Excellent working knowledge and experience in the role of Project Manager of software development projects, including web-based projects; Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public; Executes and delivers within the confines and timeframes provided by regulatory agencies.
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA
# of openings: 1
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 465.180416.5462