MedImpact, Inc. Health Services Business Systems Analyst (x2) in San Diego, California
Business Systems Analyst (x2 openings)
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc.welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Business Systems Analyst III is a liaison between end-users/clients and the Health Services department. This individual is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating the more complex business systems and user needs. They will formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies by writing detailed description of user needs, program functions, and the steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interviews end-users/customers to define business requirements for complex software modifications and enhancements. Meets with external clients to discuss enhancement requests as needed
- Translates business requirements by reviewing, analyzing and evaluating needs into functional specifications.Coordinates and responds to requests for changes from original specifications
- Facilitates design sessions with the business and technical resources to ensure that the solutions meets the needs of the business.Consults with technical teams on design and database issues
- Defines and documents requirements business rules to assist in the development of software specifications to include system requirements, flow charts, report mock-ups, and business rules
- Drives and/or leads projects to completion for assigned projects.Develops project plans, prioritize project tasks, and provides regular status updates on project progress to management and stakeholders
- Develops business processes that ensure developed application meets all project requirements
- Ensures that projects are completed on time, accurate to defined specifications and within budget
- Performs quality control checks on software before it is released to the QA department and provides support to software development and QA staff as needed
- Handles, prioritizes and manages multiple Service Requests (SR’s) throughout entire software development life cycle
- Handles software release management of designated applications
- May mentor and provide functional work direction to less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
*Education and/or Experience *
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from and accredited four-year university or equivalent combination of education and experience and five (5) to eight (8) plus years of related experience (PBM or healthcare industry experience preferred).
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from and accredited four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience and eight (8) to twelve (12) plus years of related experience (PBM or healthcare industry experience preferred).
*Computer Skills *
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Visio, Golden 32
- Securt CRT Design software
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Oracle database
- On-line transaction processing (OLTP)
- AIX/Solaris and integrated development platforms
- In addition they should be familiar with relational databases and client server concepts
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Business Analysis Professional preferred.
*Other Skills and Abilities *
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Good understanding of supported MedImpact products and services from a business and technical perspective
*Other Qualifications *
- Good project planning skills (creation and definition)
- Negotiation skills
- Business requirements gathering and elicitation techniques
- Use Case Modeling & Solutions requirements
- Activity and Swim Lane Diagrams
- Conflict management skills
- Leading and facilitating meetings
- Interviewing skills to understand customer needs
- Good interpersonal and communications skills (written/verbal)
This position is eligible for Employee Referral Bonus at Level I or II
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Location: San Diego, CA
# of openings: 2
Employment duration: Full time
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Job Code: 415.180405.5417