Sutter Health Patient Care Technician (Per-Diem) in La Jolla, California
Assists nursing staff with patient admission, recovery, and discharge. In addition, may assist with business office functions such as registration of the patient and scheduling of procedures. May also assist with and cleaning of the ORs between cases. Participates with other facility team members to provide optimal patient care and efficient patient flow, taking into consideration the population specific needs for patients at all stages of life.
• High School or equivalent education/experience required
• Completion of Medical Assistant Certification course with emphasis on back office and patient care desired
• Certification by the California Dept. of Health Services as a Nursing Assistant preferred
• BLS Required
• Clinical experience as would typically be obtained in three years is strongly preferred
• Patient positioning and provision of comfort measure
• Must have knowledge of proper body mechanics to position and move patients.
• Possess strong bedside patient care skills
• Requires the ability to communicate well with other healthcare professionals as well as with lay persons.
• Must have Computer skills
Organization: *Sutter Outpatient Services
Title: Patient Care Technician (Per-Diem)
Location: California-Southern California-La Jolla
Requisition ID: SOPS-1806880
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.