SMG Restaurant Manager in Del Mar, California
POSITION: SD FAIR and LIVE MEET RESTAURANT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: BANQUET MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an opening for a Restaurant Manager for SMG/Premier Food Services, Inc., at the Del Mar Fairgrounds and Racetrack. Responsible for: Oversee assigned restaurant with emphasis on ensuring customer satisfaction through strong relationships with customers, kitchen staff, event staff and sales office. Must be confident, flexible, self-motivated, and embrace a participative management approach to successful operations at Premier Food Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Oversee the cleanliness and overall appearance of all food and beverage areas on the property.
- Managing all restaurant activities and monitor the daily operation within the
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels and generate weekly schedule
Assign stations for servers on a daily basis; ensure fair rotation and adequate coverage
Supervise set-up of the restaurant, maintain service standards and clean-up of the restaurant
- Train and coach staff accordingly
- Discipline staff as necessary in accordance with Union guidelines
- Daily ordering of stock and supplies
- Be visible on the floor, guarantee guest satisfaction
- Coordinate with kitchen and all supportive departments in order to ensure successful assigned event
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of 2+ years of supervisory experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of all elements: setting food tables, performing all service positions, maintaining food safety during event, breaking down event, and cleaning facility
- Complete the Serve Safe Certification class
Skills and Abilities
- Previous POS knowledge recommended
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Use appropriate language and grammar in written correspondence
- Use appropriate language and tone of voice in all verbal interactions
- Ability to handle the physical demands of lifting and carrying equipment
- Courtesy and respect in dealing with all customers, vendors and co-workers
- Professional ethic, and ability to work well with others
Microsoft Office -- excel and word
- Knowledge of ABC procedures and laws
- Neat and clean appearance
- Prompt arrival and regular attendance at work and a willingness to work additional hours when necessary
- E-time Enterprise Scheduler Experience helpful
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- insert link
Ellen M Bauer
Premier Food Services, Inc. Del Mar Fairgrounds & Racetrack
2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd. Del Mar, CA 92014
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 858.755.6345.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled